Friday, June 6, 2008

Group Slapping Mary

The day had finally come. My first boy was graduating from High School! He was born to a single mother that had genetically linked him to a future double felon. He used every trick in the book to defend why he did not have to pay child support, to this very day his home is in his mother’s name. He mounted numerous abuses upon his child as I worked two full time jobs for many years to support this child. The day he graduated from high school his father was absent because he was in jail that day for telemarketing fraud. Isn’t that a lovely way to care for your children?

Anyways, my son looks at me as we are driving to the graduation and says “Mom, you could have been anything you wanted, but I know that all you ever wanted to be is my mom.”

Those are the words of recognition, the words every single mother needs to hear. I appreciate him appreciating what I do and how I live my life everyday. Nothing comes before my children.

FAST FORWARD

I am at some dinner with a date one night. Another woman is a date of another man. As I approached the bar where the shark was docked I could tell she was eyeing me like a fighting opponent. I introduce myself and she says to me “I heard all about you and your mommy thing.” I just let it go. Turns out Miss Mary was in Vegas for a tryst, an attorney for Cisco that went to some big law school and she was a career woman at the table eating any other human that got in her way.

She starts flirting with my date the entire evening while her date, another attorney scum sucking pit bull (no offense to the real pit bull animals) sat their allowing it. Partners in crime. She continued telling him how she swooned at his speaking and he left goose bumps all over her. She was obviously targeting my date as her next conquest that to be honest with you if that is what was going on why invite me to watch this, I could care less, do whatever you want. She was obviously playing the other guy to get to my date. My date sat there eating up the attention.

I finally just asked her to contain her conversation to a conversation that everyone can participate in. We are four people at dinner, not her job interview. She did everything at that table to come on to my date except get under the table.

She got all twisted and got her date and left. My date says “how can you talk to her like that?”

“How can I talk to her like that?
Why would she get so offended when I asked for a topic that everyone could be involved in, the only conversation she was doing was your entire career as if she stalked you on the internet or something?”
“I called her on her shit and she knows it.”
“Who and what told her about my “mommy thing”, her date, and why would he give her any information about me, unless she was shopping for information?”

I cannot stand people that think because somehow they have a degree they are so smart. All they know is what that degree entails they are not the end of the world in knowledge and I would put street smarts up against book smarts any day. I did not pursue a great position somewhere because I had kids. I was smart enough to figure that out!

The best and most important job anyone can have is a parent. The most important occupation you can ever hold on this planet is “caring human.” This degrading evening with this subform of life, something that had evolved from a combination of graduate school, tuberculosis, plague and democracy is nothing more than the party of people that have held our country hostage by their greed and absolute “it’s the law” not what’s right or common sense. Their core is that the accused have more rights than victims. What a sick and greedy person!

Join me in group slapping Mary!

No comments: